Great beer, great food, & great people in the Great Northeast
6235 Frankford Ave | Northeast Philadelphia | firstname.lastname@example.org | 215-856-3591
Friday the Firkinteenth
quick link: http://f13.greylodge.com
Friday the Firkinteenth is our most famous event. Every Friday the 13th since February 1998, we have tapped a bunch of cask ale. This event grew into quite a monster. There have even been several videos made about the Firkinteenth.
Many people consider Friday the Firkinteen their favorite Philadelphia beer event. Friday the Firkinteenth won "Best Beer Event" from Philly Beer Scene twice. A (hopefully) interesting bit of trivia, this is probably the only beer event in the world whose frequency and timing are completely at the mercy of the calendar.
We expect to have 30 assorted firkins and pins for this one. As usual, the Day Session will run from noon to 6pm; the Night Session from 6pm to midnight. As always, no cover charge. Come and go as you like. Stay as long as you like. If you want to take the day off and enjoy a day of cask ale, we've got you covered. If you want to work all day and have an evening of cask ale, we have you covered too.
Like pretty much every Grey Lodge event, Friday the Firkinteenth is pay as you go. No tickets, no cover charge.
Friday the Firkinteenth #33 - 13 May 2016
Updated: Thu, 28 Apr 2016
- Bells Debs Red
- Cape May Sophisticated Lady Spring Ale conditioned with some sexy hops
- Evil Genius Purple Monkey Dishwasher Jalapeno Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Evolution Pine'HOP'le IPA with dried blueberries + citra hops
- Fat Heads Sunshine Daydream Session IPA 4.9%, dry hopped with some sexy hops
- Flying Fish Lemon Drop Daylight Savings IPA, dry hopped with lemondrop
- Flying Fish Tropical Daylight Savings IPA, dry hopped with fruity experimental hops
- Manayunk Kolsch other with dried chilies and lime (pin)
- Manayunk Kolsch with local honey from Lancaster (pin)
- Neshaminy Creek Croydon Cream Ale, straight up
- Philly PHL Session IPA with grapefruit peel
- Sole Turbo Nerd Double IPA
- St. Benjamin Maibock
- Troegs Perpetual IPA, dry hopped with simcoe and Zeus
- Wyndridge 10 Point Golden Ale with apricots
- Last (and first) Boaks firkin ever, Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Two Blind MOnks
- Double Nickel IPA
- Free Will TBA
- Heavy Seas Powder Monkey with Kent Goldings, Cherry Wood, and dried cherries
- Jack's Double Dry Hop with Grapefruit
- Mispillion River Space Otter Pale Ale w/Oranges & Lemons
- Naked Belgian Strong
- 2 River Horse pins
- Rivertowne Sergeant Furys Red Ale
- Round Guys South Bound Pacaderm Peanut Butter Stout
- Singlecut Billy 18-Watt IPA
- Sly Fox Hop Project: TnT IPA
- Springhouse TBA
- Yards Eureka IPA
As usual, We will be stocking up on 8oz glasses so you can safely try several of these great beers. Also, as usual, there will be pitchers of water all over.
Events like Groundhog Day and Friday the Firkinteenth are too hectic for us run tabs or accept credit cards. On rare days like those we are cash only.
Kick a Firkin, Get a Shirt
If you kick a firkin, we'll give you a free, extremely limited-edition T-shirt. We switch up the design and color for each Firkinteenth.
Ringing the Bell
When a firkin kicks, we ring a bell, which means an angel gets his wings. At the last Firkinteenth, 25 angels got their wings. You may be thinking "sure an angel gets his wings but what do we get?" Whoever buys the beer that kicks a firkin gets a free I Kicked the Firkin t-shirt. These are the usual type of t-shirts that have holes for neck and arms but no holes for wings, so angels will just have to be happy with wings. These shirts are custom made for each Firkinteenth and are not for sale. You have to kick a firkin to get one.
Friday the Firkinteenth Videos
Jimmy Craic Head TV, July 2007
Past and Future
Bar: Daily 10am-2am
Kitchen: Mon-Thu 10am-midnight. Fri-Sat 10am-1am. Sun 10am-11pm
Brunch: Sat & Sun 10am-2pm
One of the "Best Bars in America" - Esquire Magazine