Great beer, great food, & great people in the Great Northeast
6235 Frankford Ave | Northeast Philadelphia | firstname.lastname@example.org | 215-856-3591
Friday the Firkinteenth
quick link: http://f13.greylodge.com
Friday the Firkinteenth is our most famous event. Every Friday the 13th since February 1998, we have tapped a bunch of cask ale. This event grew into quite a monster. There have even been several videos made about the Firkinteenth.
Many people consider Friday the Firkinteen their favorite Philadelphia beer event. Friday the Firkinteenth won "Best Beer Event" from Philly Beer Scene twice. A (hopefully) interesting bit of trivia, this is probably the only beer event in the world whose frequency and timing are completely at the mercy of the calendar.
This is one of those weird years where we have 3 Firkinteenths in one year... February, March, and November. Once again for November, we expect to have 26 firkins, in two sessions of 13 each. The Day Session will run from noon to 6pm; the Night Session from 6pm to midnight. As always, no cover charge. Come and go as you like. Stay as long as you like. If you want to take the day off and enjoy a day of cask ale, we've got you covered. If you want to work all day and have an evening of cask ale, we have you covered too.
Like pretty much every Grey Lodge event, Friday the Firkinteenth is pay as you go. No tickets, no cover charge.
Now with Added WOW
It's 2015 and the Firkinteenth is in its 17th year. Cask ale is no longer a rarity. To keep current with the times, we have been working with numerous breweries to bring you extra special firkins with extra WOW.
Friday the Firkinteenth #32 - 13 November 2015
Updated: Sat, 14 Nov 2015
- Conshohocken IPA
- Victory Festbier with Oak Spiral
- Evil Genius Jellytime Peanut Butter & Jelly Porter
- Bells Best Brown
- Yards Grapefruit PPA with Eureka hops
- Troegs Javahead Stout
- Lancaster pineapple Pre-Flight IPA, dry hopped with Simcoe
- Manayunk PB&J Crunch Porter
- Flying Fish Cru Brulee - Grand Cru with lacto and vanilla beans
- Dock Street Fiver IPA, dry-hopped with Falconers Flight & Citra
- Free Will Pomegranate Sour
- Cape May Chai Tea Honey Porter
- Round Guys Blumon Wit with cucumber & lemondrop hops
- Sly Fox Hop Project Equinox IPA
- Sole Electric Kush Oatmeal Pale, dry-hopped with Citra & Azacca
- Neshaminy chocolate Mudbank Porter
- Barren Hill Mel's Pumpkin Pie with vanilla beans and maple syrup
- Naked Mango Pale Sour
- Sixpoint Diesel, dry hopped with Columbus and Northern Brewer
- Thomas Creek Trifecta IPA with mango
- Weyerbacher Winter Ale with apple cider
- River Horse Chocolate & Chili Special Ale
- 2SP SIP Imperial Porter
- Sweet Water Pumpkin Hash. Hop Hash infused with spices
- St. Benjamin Little Peat
As usual, We will be stocking up on 8oz glasses so you can safely try several of these great beers. Also, as usual, there will be pitchers of water all over.
Events like Groundhog Day and Friday the Firkinteenth are too hectic for us run tabs or accept credit cards. On rare days like those we are cash only.
Kick a Firkin, Get a Shirt
If you kick a firkin, we'll give you a free, extremely limited-edition T-shirt. We switch up the design and color for each Firkinteenth.
Ringing the Bell
When a firkin kicks, we ring a bell, which means an angel gets his wings. At the last Firkinteenth, 25 angels got their wings. You may be thinking "sure an angel gets his wings but what do we get?" Whoever buys the beer that kicks a firkin gets a free I Kicked the Firkin t-shirt. These are the usual type of t-shirts that have holes for neck and arms but no holes for wings, so angels will just have to be happy with wings. These shirts are custom made for each Firkinteenth and are not for sale. You have to kick a firkin to get one.
Friday the Firkinteenth Videos
Jimmy Craic Head TV, July 2007
Past and Future
Bar: Daily 10am-2am
Kitchen: Mon-Thu 10am-midnight. Fri-Sat 10am-1am. Sun 10am-11pm
Brunch: Sat & Sun 10am-2pm
One of the "Best Bars in America" - Esquire Magazine